Thank you for your interest in auditioning to sing with the GMChorale. We will hold open rehearsals on Tuesday, September 4, and Tuesday, September 11, 2018 for singers wishing to join the Chorale. You will be able to participate in a rehearsal to see if the Chorale is a good fit for you.
We’ll ask you to arrive early to meet with our Artistic Director, Joseph D’Eugenio, so he can vocalize with you and get acquainted prior to your participating in the rehearsal. If you are interested in joining the Chorale, we’ll ask you to stay briefly following rehearsal to schedule a private audition with Maestro D’Eugenio.
1) Prepare and sing a classical art song, a folk song, hymn or carol, and/or “America, the Beautiful” or “My country, ’tis of thee.” Accompaniment will be provided.
2) Sing a major scale a cappella in your voice range
3) Choose two out of three choral selections (will be provided) and prepare your voice part to sing with accompaniment. For Fall 2018 auditions, the three selections are:
1) Randall Thompson Frostiana: “Choose something like a star”
2) Maurice Duruflé Requiem: “Kyrie”
3) Handel Messiah: “And the glory of the Lord”
The 2018-2019 season includes three concerts:
Sunday, November 11, 4:00 pm, “Dream with Me Tonight, Dear Friends” featuring works by Randall Thompson, Aaron Copland, and Leonard Bernstein, at the Middletown High School Santo Fragilio Performing Arts Center.
Saturday, December 15, 5:00 pm, “Festival of Carols” with the First Congregational Church Chancel Chorir and GMChorale at the First Congregational Church, Cheshire.
Sunday, May 5, 4 pm “Bruckner Mass No. 2 in E Minor and Other Choral Gems” with Wind Symphony at the Middletown High School Santo Fragilio Performing Arts Center.
The Chorale rehearses in Cromwell on Tuesday evenings. Members pay annual dues, purchase their own music, and provide their own concert attire.